I went to Kyoto,Japan!

November 01, 2013

One of the most wonderful places (and quiet places) I have been to in Japan is Kyoto. Kyoto is a very old city. It is a city of old tradition mixed with the new trends, an old city with touches of modern technology.

During my stay in Kyoto, we were in a Japanese Style Hotel called Tozankaku. The people in Tozankaku were really accommodating and the place was very comfortable to stay in. 


The first spot in Kyoto that we have visited was the Tenryuji. It was a traditional shrine for Japanese people, although to me it looks like a museum. (and maybe it was, I don’t know.) Inside were different artifacts and paintings which I must say, are breath-taking. There was also a garden outside and a pond. (I really wanted to jump into the pond to check how deep it was.)



Another wonderful place in Kyoto that you must not fail to visit is the Golden Pavilion. It was made by the Shogun, Ashigawa Yoshimitsu in the year 1397. The original name of this Pavilion is actually not the Golden Pavilion or the Kinkakuji, but it was Rokuonji. However, because of the popularity of its golden reflection in the pond near it, it was later on called The Golden Pavilion or the Kinkakuji.I actually thought of stealing some of the parts of the temple and sell them. XD Joke.


 We also did not fail to visit the Kiyomizu Dera, a famous temple in the mountains of Kyoto. because it was on a highland, the view is terrific.If you eat grass and leaves.



On our way to the hotel later in the afternoon, I saw this big kanji of "big" carved on a mountain.I had a little chat with the tour guide and I learned that the mountain is called Daimonji and it is one of the five mountains in Kyoto with carvings. They put lanterns and candles on the outline of this kanji character and light them up during the celebration of the Bon. I risked my life for the photo since I was inside a moving bus.Since I was able to write this blog post, I am still alive.



After a very long day, we deserve to get a good dinner right? We had a Japanese dinner. Although some of the served food really are not my type,(don't speak of the fermented beans, that really stink) they still are very delicious.  The night would not just end with dinner right? So, we decided to go out and have some fun. At first, I thought Kyoto was a ghost town because it was just 8 in the evening and there was no one. The place was so quiet you could hear your own breathing. The streets were empty and if there were cars running, they probably were the taxi. Since the place is very quiet, we did something suitable for quiet places – a dating game. We have split ourselves into couples and just strolled around. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments