I went to Hiroshima, Japan!

November 01, 2013

When you hear Hiroshima, you probably will think of the bomb that was dropped there and killed many innocent lives during the war. That exactly is what I saw in Hiroshima when I came to visit Hiroshima - the remains and remembrance of the devastating war.

The first site that I find amazing in Hiroshima is the Genbaku Dome. They say that it is the only building that remained standing in the bomb's hypocenter.


 I also saw these paper cranes in Hiroshima, which they say, are a thousand per string. It started with the sad story of a child named Sadako who was sick and wanted to wish for her recovery so she started folding paper cranes.Her goal was a thousand cranes, and when she finally did it, she ended up wishing for peace instead of wishing for her safe recovery. It was a very sad and inspiring story.


I know that what I wrote about Hiroshima is sad and depressing but I believe there is so much more in Hiroshima. I, unfortunately was not able to visit other places in Hiroshima because we didn't have time.

You Might Also Like

0 comments