Thank You for Kind Friends
May 10, 2021Everybody has bad days at work, and today was that day for me. I had just gotten back from a long vacation and I had so much work to do. I tried to do them one by one, but I just could not finish them all. New tasks came to me one by one and I could not catch up. I was overwhelmed. It was the end of me when I got scolded by some old Japanese man who did not understand what I was trying to say.
I cried. I could not take it. I was so overwhelmed and tired so I cried. I cried myself to satisfaction and I moved on. I told myself that it was fine and that the next day would be better.
However, I did not have to wait for the next day for things to be better. My friends, Mariel and Wong, surprised me when they came to my house to cheer me up. I had told them I was sad, and them, being the best people in the world, decided to come to my house even though they were tired from work, it's Monday, and Mariel lived 1 hour away from me. I was so touched and happy. I could not believe what they did since nobody has done something like this for me. I have always thought I did not have friends, but they are my friends, and I am very very thankful. I love them so much, but being the tsundere that I am, of course, I cannot express it properly.
Lord God, thank you for this day. I will never forget this day. Thank you for the gift of friends. I hope to reciprocate their kindness in the future.
0 comments