Move to Heaven

May 30, 2021



I have just finished binge-watching this new Netflix Korean drama called "Move to Heaven". It tells the story of trauma cleaners, Geu-ru and his ex-convict uncle Sang-gu  who meet for the first time after the sudden death of Geu-ru's father. Sang-gu was entrusted as Geu-ru's guardian and join the business of trauma cleaning where they not only clean the belongings of the deceased but also tell the untold stories of the deceased. It also evolved around Sang-gu and how he deals with his past with Geu-ru's father. 

The drama was a beautiful masterpiece. The shots are beautiful, the music is haunting and the cast is perfect. There were 10 episodes of this drama and I cried the whole time - literally every episode. I love this drama so much. 

The first episode was heartbreaking. Geu-ru's father passed away and it opened the story for his growth in the drama. I cried my heart away when the father died and when Geu-ru couldn't let go of his father. I couldn't imagine myself dealing with that pain. I couldn't imagine my own father leaving me. 

The sixth episode about the old couple shattered me but it also made me feel at peace. It showed a kind of love that I do not know- a love that is painful and beautiful at the same time. It showed how people can be happy, satisfied, and know they can let go. I cried so much that I couldn't see my computer screen. 

The episodes that told the story of the Geu-ru's father and Sang-gu were breathtaking. Here we see a younger brother who has longed for his older brother but grown feelings of hatred after a series of events that made him think he was betrayed by his only friend, brother, and protector. He has grown astray and hated his older brother, but he didn't know that his older brother was there for him the whole time. He didn't give up on finding him, and he just wanted them to be together. When they showed the scene where Sang-gu saw the stack of shoes his brother was buying him every year since they separated as a way to keep his promise to his younger brother years ago, my heart died. 

The final episodes where the Geu-ru had to let go of his dad and clean his belongings made me ugly cry. It made sense that his final client for the season was his own father. It has been put aside for so long, and now he finally had the strength to face it head-on. It was sad but it was happy at the same time.

This drama really did me well. My eyes are swollen and red from all the crying and I think I am dehydrated from losing so many tears. This drama is perfect and I recommended this to my friends, and now they're also crying. We are all crying this weekend because of this drama. 




You Might Also Like

0 comments