I found my High School Japanese Speech
January 04, 2014
Today
I cleaned my room and found some really interesting stuff I already forgot
about. I found my Japanese speech script I used when I was in my junior year in
high school. As you can see my script really is dirty and tattered now but I
really had good memories of it.
![]() |
| I realized it's upside down |
So
the story of why I had a Japanese speech is this. When I was in my Junior year
in high school, I joined a Japanese speech contest. I didn’t know why I joined
the contest. I think because it was interesting. I had to seek for help from my
Japanese teachers to make my speech. I had to change my topic for 5 times to
get everything right. It was really tiring. When I finally had finalized the
speech, I had to memorize and practice it. One of my teachers took the liberty
to record her deliver the speech just so that I can have an idea of how the
words are properly pronounced.
I
had 2 or 3 weeks to memorize the speech and add some drama to it. I was really
into it that I found myself reciting it almost every time and everywhere – in the
toilets, bathrooms, kitchen, bedroom, mall, everywhere. It was crazy.
When
the contest day came, I was really nervous. There were a lot of what ifs inside
my mind. What if I forget, what if I stutter, what if I fail? I was third to do
it which means I had to watch the first two contestants. Damn they were good.
Then it was my turn. I just did my best and delivered the speech.
When
the whole thing was done, the winners were announced. Fortunately, I won as
Champion. Yay! I was so happy and excited at the same time. I proved to myself
that I really can do something.
This
is my Japanese speech. I did my best to type it here J
皆さんはどんな夢を思っていますか。将来何をしたいと思っていますか。私の祖母は私に若いころの話をいろいろと聞かせてくれました。その時代の人々の夢、それは、安全な生活が送れること。身を守るために逃げたり、隠れたりしなくてもいい生活、恐怖におびえることのない暮らしでした。この時代のフィリピン人はお金持ちであっても頭がよくてもみんなつらい体験をしたんです。私たちは無力でした。
戦争が終わって、だいぶたちますが、今の私たちは昔より強くなってでしょうか。輪t氏はこんな経験をしました。友達がパソコンの東端居合い警察を呼んだとき、私がどんなに状況を説明しても信じてもらえませんでした。母がだまされたとき、なきねいするしかありませんでした。そんな時大切な人のために何もできない自分は昔の人と変わらず無力であるときずきました。
「強くなりたい。」私は心からそう思うようになりました。「勉強ができるだけじゃ、だめなんだ。心も体持つ職なければ、大切な人は守れない。」
そして、わたしは決心しました。「軍隊に入って。軍人になろうと。」 軍隊の軍連で心体を鍛え、私に大切な人たち、そして、私の祖国フィリピンを守れるようになりたいと思います。
わたしのゆめにりょうしんがはんたいです。軍人になるための軍連は厳しく、また、危険な仕事です。でもこれは私の夢です。きっとかなえて見せます。
Although after a while and after visiting a military training camp, I realized that I am no soldier material. Last 2013, instead of joining the contest, I hosted it with a good friend of mine.



0 comments